1. The “Company Complaint Officer” (as filed with FSCO) is Adam Kuron.
2. To activate the company’s complaint handling process a policyholder(s) must provide a description of his or her complaint to the company in writing.
3. Letters of complaint will be reviewed by the “Company Complaint Officer” or his/her alternate within five (5) business days of being received at the company.
4. The “Company Complaint Officer” will consult with appropriate staff representatives and send to the policyholder a letter outlining the company’s final position within sixty (60) days of the “Company Complaint Officer” review of the letter of complaint.
5. Our goal as a policyholder-owned, purely mutual company is to treat policyholders in a fair, courteous and timely manner. Timelines mentioned above are minimum stands.
6. This Complaint Handling Protocol does not apply to any situation involving litigation by the insured against the Company or where the inured has retained legal assistance in that regard.
7. Complainants who have unresolved complaints will be advised to contact the Office of the Insurance Ombudsman’s Office of the Ontario Insurance Ombudsman:Financial Services Commission of Ontario 5160 Yonge Street, Box 85 North York, ON M3N 6L9 www.fsco.gov.on.ca (416) 250-7250 or 1-800-688-0128 TTY (416) 590-7108 or 1-800-387-0584 Fax 1-416-326-9112